Purex fabric softeners uses its own product to pre-launch a new product.
In the detergent aisle at King Soopers, I found an interesting neck-hanger. I did a double take because the communication on Purex fabric softener announced the arrival of a new product.”Coming Soon! Introducing the all in one laundry solution.” It’s for Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets.
I haven’t seen this idea done, at least not in-store.There are two interesting things about this.
- The communication uses a shopper’s current purchase journey to announce a new product in the aisle where the shopper is considering and finding the detergent she wants.
- The communication idea is borrowed from coming movie attractions, COMING SOON. The product isn’t even in-store, yet it builds some excitement and anticipation to go looking for it in the detergent aisle the next time she needs to stock up.
Great idea. I even went to the Web site. It was simple. Purex.com, the main brand’s home page, not a 3-in-1 or some other microsite, but the brand’s home page. There were several great things about the Web site too.
- This launch/prelaunch is front and center on the home page. There’s no missing it.
- It provides a great online product demonstration.
- It offers easy navigation, product information, lots of ways to learn more, and easy buttons to find a store.
Nice job Purex; especially using a shopper’s current buying/decision-making behaviors to talk about new products. What are other products that tease other new product launches?